I Got Tagged

My good friend Amy (link to her blog in the side column) tagged me a while back to reveal six quirks about myself. So, here goes:

1. I am nearly ALWAYS barefoot if the temperature is over 70 degrees. It doesn't matter if I'm walking in the grass or on the sidewalk in front of my house. I get a little sad when I have to put on shoes when leaving the house.

2. If it's colder than 70 degrees, I almost ALWAYS wear athletic socks. Sometimes I'll wear slippers, but it's mostly athletic socks. I always wear shoes when I go outside, too.

3. I can say the alphabet backwards really, really fast.

4. Like Amy, I, too have to have perfect conditions before I can sleep. I build my "nest" every night, consisting of two pillows and one body pillow. This was a point of contention early in my marriage, but that's the resulting compromise. (I used to sleep with a six-pillow configuration, and my mom told me I've been building "nests" for many years.)

5. Don't tell anyone, but I'm only ticklish if someone is holding down one of my arms. I was more than a little miserable when Bill first figured this one out.

6. I have perfect "color memory." I can remember the exact color or shade when asked. This skill came in handy when I was little and my mom sewed a lot. She would have me look at a piece of fabric, and I would pick the exact shade of thread for her at the store. She never had to bring scraps.

I hereby tag my brother, one family member from family blog, my friend Roo, mama, Michelle, Susan, Uncle Ron, and any others who read this post. Ha, ha. :)

4 comments:

kcrazorback said...

I do not accept the tag. However, I will continue to regularly reveal stupid stuff about myself on my blog.

I really like the new picture, will let frazzled know about it.

Rebekah Scott, M.MFT, LPC, LMFTA said...

you changed the picture!!!! they are so big; hey I can't wait till the get together!!! I am glad you put me in charge of only enterntainment and that really consists of drinks I hate making decisions about where when etc. I just get to hang with you all that is what is important!!!

Ron G said...

What interesting things about yourself. I always knew you were special, that is why Bill married you:)

Not sure if I will reveal those secrets about myself. Well, you probably have figured some of them out anyways. Thanks for sharing. Keep up the blog..I like staying in touch with your life this way.

Lee Ann said...

Hey sis! FYI, I actually read your blog too. Ron usually tells me about it before I get the chance. :) I love your stories. The girls are getting so big! Can't wait to see y'all.