Traffic Football

I invented a super-fun game a couple of years ago which I played last night driving home from a continuing education class. Since it is so super-fun, I have decided to unleash my creation on the world. I call it "Traffic Football" for now until I can come up with a better name for it. The game begins when you are in stop-and-go traffic. First, you pick a lane and get in it. Second, pick a car beside you which becomes the "line of scrimmage." When your lane moves past the line of scrimmage, start counting. When you pass three cars, that equals a first down. When you get three first downs, that equals a touchdown. If your "line of scrimmage" car plus two more cars pass you, that's a negative down and you must now make four first downs to make a touchdown. If you're still moving after you make a touchdown and pass another car, you receive a PAT. The play ceases when all the cars stop or you change lanes. At this point, play starts from the beginning, and you select a new "line of scrimmage" car.

The up-side to "Traffic Football" is that it tends to make commutes a little more enjoyable. The down-side which all should be cautious about is it produces a little more aggressive driving and a little "road rage" in the person playing the game.

Let me know if you think of other fun rules to add or can come up with a better name for this phenomenon I created.

2 comments:

kcrazorback said...

It sounds scary.

gamma raise said...

How do you play if you live, say, in a rural community?