Baseball and Sunflowers

Husband-bear's boss gave him four free tix to a Rockies game, so we decided to take the family out for the day. The day began, however, with a couple of hours at church. During the girls' class, they made cute flowers in flowerpots. The flowers were silk sunflowers. Baby B dropped her plant, and the pot shattered as we were walking out the door. We thought she'd be upset, but she didn't care; as long as her flower was ok, the pot didn't matter. We then changed clothes and caught the Light Rail to Coors' Field. We had to bring our sunflowers with us. While the train was the most fun part for them, I enjoyed that they held on to those darn sunflowers for three hours' straight. Other highlights of the day included: Baby B's flirting with 20-year-old boys on the train, Baby A's dancing during every song at the game, and people laughing at the twins when they were eating snacks as fast as they could. The lowlights of the day were that my husband and I both missed the only score the Rockies made during the game because we were both tending to babies, I forgot my camera and couldn't document the event (another argument to allow me to purchase a cool new Blackberry/camera phone), and we had to leave the game early although the weather was nice. However, no other scoring occurred after we left, and the Rockies lost, so it was kind of good we got to beat the traffic. I was SO amazed that those babies stayed happy for an hour-and-a-half during the game!

Another funny thing: I just read my brother's blog, and he describes he took his daughter to a Royals game, and my niece ate treats the whole time. (Ours did, too!) So, I guess I had more of a "twin connection" to him today than his own twin! I look forward to taking him to a Rockies game during his visit in August.

2 comments:

Amy said...

Sounds like a fun day with the fam!

kcrazorback said...

I've taken sunflower seeds to ballgames--lots of times--but never sunflowers.