Big Girl Beds!!

We now have big girl beds!! We thought we were just going to put their crib mattresses on the floor for awhile, but since a) they were so traumatized when they thought I was getting rid of ALL of their things, and b) I received my Oregon public employee retirement account check, we decided to splurge and go ahead and get the twin bunkable beds.

We bought them late in the evening, so when we got home, we put the girls down in our bed. Papa and Mama stayed up late that night assembling the beds. After we assembled the beds and when the girls were sound asleep, we gently slipped them into their new beds. When they awoke, they were "freaking out," squealing with excitement. It was a good decision to buy the beds, because they have slept all night for two nights in a row now! The only problem is getting them to fall asleep initially. This evening, I sat in their room with them to make sure they stayed in their beds. They were so cute and funny, it took all I had not to laugh at everything they said. It reminded me of when I was a little girl at "bunkin' parties." ("Sleepovers" for you Yankee readers.)

Finally, it got quiet. I thought to myself, "yay, this is it!!" Then Parker raised up and said, "Annie, you asleep?" Annie replied "no." Then they both started laughing hysterically. I giggled and had to leave the room to ask their Daddy-Bear to finish the role of "sleep monitor" for the evening. It's quiet up there, now!! I just hope it takes less than an hour-and-a-half for them to drift off to dreamland tomorrow night.

2 comments:

kcrazorback said...

That is a monumental moment. So happy for y'all.

gamma raise said...

Precious Moments just doesn't have a ceramic kid to portray that kind of giggle. I would have loved to be a fly on that wall. Thanks for blogging all these funnies. GramBear