Productivity and Potential

Lately, I've been reading a book on productivity. So far, it has been very good, but I don't want to recommend it until I finish reading it and test it out. So far, however, it has made me markedly less productive, since I have been reading the book instead of doing work. I know it will be challenging for me to implement because it involves a lot of front-end planning work. If you are familiar with my heritage, you know that would be difficult for any Tolleson to undertake. If you know me personally, you know it will be against my highly procrastinating grain. I think it will change my life (and my family's lives) for the better, so I am finding my motivation.

I am very excited right now because I just finished writing a ten-page motion. I have not done many of these, and it feels good to be doing more "lawyerly"-type work. I think I did a decent job on it, but I wonder how much better it could have been if I were fully rested and stress-free. This way of thinking is pretty crazy, because I know of no person who is actually fully rested and stress-free; I do, however, know a few lucky ones who are a little more rested and have lighter stress. To all who may read this post: may your productivity increase, your fun increase, your rest be adequate, and your stress be low. Peace.

2 comments:

gamma raise said...

Did you say restless?

gamma raise said...

I don't know where to leave a comment about the picture, but if I didn't know you, I would think you got that off the net or somewhere. Otherwise, it sure is cute.