Our Injury

Today was Mother's Day Out at church. Luckily, my frequent babysitter Patrick is in charge of the program. Since he lives so close to us and the church is a little bit of a drive, he drives my car and takes my girls for me. When they came back home today, he reported Parker had an incident. He said she was involved in a brutal game of ring-a-round the rosies. Apparantly, she fell and twisted her ankle good. She had fallen asleep in the car, and when she got home, her ankle looked fine. When she awoke, however, she cried her poor little head off for an hour. I bent her ankle around, moved her toes, twisted her knee, and worked her hips. No pain. When she stands on it, though, she screams. (We'll be taking her to the doctor tomorrow.)

When I was talking to my mom on the phone this evening, she said that when my brothers were about three or four, Grey hurt his leg. She informed she got out a little wagon, and Greg took him anywhere he wanted to go. I thought, "genius"!!! So, I got out my little umbrella stroller. Annie pushed Parker around for about 15 minutes, but since she is two-and-a-half, she then started asking, "Annie's turn, Annie's turn?!" Oh well, it was worth a try.

1 comments:

kcrazorback said...

Oh, I hope she's ok. Be sure to follow up with another post after the doctor visit. I'm praying that her ankle is fine. It just sounds a lot like 2-year old Olivia's broken leg incident though. Actually, it more sounds even more like she's got her square-headed math skill deficient daddy's ankles.